Once all the data is in place, it's time to create a match setup. By all data is meant everything from how long matches are played, division into groups, assignment of fields, time limits and possibly end-game setup.
First, go to menu Schedule and then click Make matches!.
Choose groups for match schedule
- Choose the groups which you want to make a schedule. Start with those who are playing first. We reccommend to choose max 5-19 groups at the time. Then it is simplier to adjust the matches later.
- Here is the playoff matches. You made the schedule in the same way as the group schedule.
- Color codes:
Blu: Groups are not been scheduled yet
Green: Groups are scheduled and have correct number of matches
Red: Groups are scheduled but do NOT have correct number of matches. This can happen if you delete one match by manual.
- Groups without any color are missing teams and can not be scheduled.
- When selected groups are done, click this button to go to next level.
- This button just unselect all your chosen groups
- Here you will find data used by the schedule engine.
- If you want each team to play a certain number of matches on certain days, you can enter it here.
- How much you want to emphasize that matches should be compressed as much as possible against the start of the tournament. This means that you get the shortest possible tournament.
- 'How much you want to emphasize that matches for each team should be compressed as much as possible against the number of matches paused.
- If you want the matches to go round by round. This often gives a more structured layout. If teams have time constraints, this parameter will not have much to say.
- How much you want to emphasize that matches for each team should be distributed correctly over the number of days you have set. NOTE: If set to greater than zero, (2) will be set to 0. Nr (2) and (5) CANNOT be combined.
- Here you can enter the earliest time when the matches can start ...
- .. and be done by date and time.
- If you create matches unevenly, the matches will be placed on the temp trajectory and you will have to move them in the right trajectory and time in the match setup window (visualizer).
- Delete vacant teams before match setup. If vacant teams exist and you do not delete them, they will be included in the match setup.
- Use double series for 3-layer pools. If you have a class with 3 teams in the pool, you will want these pools to play double series to get enough matches.
- When you are satisfied with your settings and are ready to create the match layout, press Run scheduling. TXO creates a layout based on all data entered. Once all the data is in place, it's time to create a match setup. By all data is meant everything from how long matches are played, division into groups, assignment of fields, time limits and possibly end-game setup.
As the figure below shows, now all matches are placed with time and fields. The days are displayed horizontally and fields vertically. Matches appear in the form of boxes, where the blue ones are group gamesand end-games are green boxes. Matches that have been recently made or moved will have a red outline in the match box (1). The matches also appear in the list below (2).